Home Maintenance | August 31, 2019
A portable fire extinguisher can save lives and property by putting out a small fire or containing it until the fire department arrives, but portable extinguishers have limitations.
"Because fire grows and spreads so rapidly, the #1 priority for residents is to get out safely."
- Make sure if the fire extinguisher is in operating condition.
- You do need to inspect it with a few things in mind.
- The fire extinguisher is accessible.
- The safety seals are intact.
- The pressure gauge is within normal parameters.
- There’s no damage to the extinguisher (e.g. corrosion, dents, leakage).
- You’re documenting your inspections.